Here's the final story to my lost saddlebag.
I spent the day after staying with the Family that picked up and took me in at a rest stop off of 380 in Graham TX. I spent the whole next day riding out of Texas and to Roswell NM. The ride was freezing and windy. I got into Roswell late and just got a cheap motel. I was really hoping someone would call about the laptop and since my phone was dead all day I was about to see if I had any messages. I plugged in my phone and I had two hangup messages from around Graham and jacksboro TX. I called them both back, left a message and spoke to a woman who had no idea what I was talking about.
I got a call the next morning from a guy who was offered the laptop from a guy for $200 bucks. The guy on the phone said he could tell it was stolen and took a picture of my sticker on the front with my number. He gave me the sellers name number and address.
So I called the police in the area seeing what they could do and they said they could only get a warrant if the guy who called me gave a sworn statement. So then I called the number he gave me, the number of the guy that found it and is trying to sell it. He offered to sell it back to me and I told him I was on my way back to Texas.
But then I thought of calling the son of the family who took me in. Now these people already picked me up on the road, drove me around looking for it, fed me dinner, put on the phillies game for me, gave me a place to sleep and a shower. Awesome people. I call the son and ask him what happened, he took the address, name and number of the guy who wants to sell me my shit back, and told me he'd call me back.
About an hour later I get a call from a cop asking me to describe my stuff. He was called because of a disturbance at the house with my laptop. There was a fight between my friend and the guy demanding a reward for my shit. They took my friend down to the station and in about an hour I got a call from my friend saying he had everything I lost, including my checkbook, photos, $175 check and clothes! And he's going to mail it all to Portland for me. What a guy, he got an assault charge for hitting the guy in the face and was insulted when I tried to give him a reward. Halloween in Texas.
So I'm going to have my stuff waiting for me in Portland, I owe this guy everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Yo, this trip would be a great movie, lots of action. I can imagine this whole scene unfolding culminating with a shot in the chops, just like a quentin tarrentino film! hahaha. Glad you got your stuff back, I notice the shit I helped you secure is STILL on your bike :O You're awesome!
ReplyDeleteso good. this trip gets radder every day. you just keep on rolling, even through the ripest roadkill. the stink only sticks for a couple days. i see a bit of 1219 graciously riding in your sidecar, well, on the back. keep it coming.
ReplyDeleteWow! Make sure you send me everyone's information, good guys and bad. I've got some business contacts/friends in the dallas/ft worth area. If anyone involved happens to be in construction I might be able to hook them up or make sure they're not whatever the case may be. But first confirm you have everything back in portland. Also, you might want to take what you wouldve spent on a new computer and consider it found money. Maybe put it toward a sidecar. I'm not surprised people are willing to do nice things for you. Youre a great kid! Love, Dad. PS Be safe!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I was hoping having your info on your stuff would pay off!
ReplyDeleteThat is absolutely amazing! you seriously need to put all of this into a story...or a book of prose or something, your adventures need to be documented! BE CAREFUL!
ReplyDelete-Mysterious Person who is still waiting for a postcard.